LEBANON, Ohio (December 17, 2019) – The Golf Heritage Society (GolfHeritage.org) announces that it has begun the celebration of its 50th anniversary, upcoming in 2020. As it marks its half-century, the newly-expanded, non-profit global organization is broadening its reach throughout the greater golf community.
“We invite everyone who is passionate about golf to join us as we commence the next 50 years of our mission to preserve and honor the history and traditions of the game – past, present and future,” said Dr. Bern Bernacki, president of the Golf Heritage Society (GHS). “We have several new initiatives in place as part of the celebration.”
The cost of becoming a GHS member is now $50 annually, in honor of the Society’s 50th anniversary. Members are encouraged to “Make It a Foursome” by inviting three additional golf enthusiasts to join.
Founded in 1970 as the Golf Collectors Society, the GHS recently changed its name, elected new leadership and extended its membership to include all who love the game, including golfers of every playing ability, golf artists, historians and writers, hickory golf devotees and golf course designers. The GHS now has about 860 members from 15 countries.
GHS membership benefits include:
· Camaraderie with fellow members at local, regional and national GHS gatherings
· Renowned speakers at GHS gatherings who are highly recognized in the golf industry
· The opportunity to buy, sell and trade golf collectibles at GHS trade shows and auctions
· The opportunity to play in hickory club tournaments
· The Society’s long-running quarterly journal, The Golf, with compelling features, articles and special guest contributors
· A monthly newsletter with updates, member news and interesting golf history side notes
· A website updated regularly with Members-only resources including an archive of past issues of the Society journal, information on golf collecting, links to fraternal golf history societies and other features