The Golf Heritage Society seeks to promote an appreciation for the history and traditions of golf and to foster friendship among its enthusiasts worldwide, including golfers, writers, historians and collectors of the game’s artifacts and memorabilia.
Founded 1970 as The Golf Collectors Society
By Joseph S.F. Murdoch and Robert Kuntz
In support of its mission, the Society is engaged in a variety of activities:
• Hosting regional and national meetings to facilitate fellowship and collaboration among its members and to create opportunities to share knowledge and to exchange golf artifacts and memorabilia.
• Promoting hickory golf tournaments that offer the opportunity to play golf in a manner consistent with how the “royal and ancient game” was played in its earlier years.
• Publishing information about the game’s history, its leading figures, players, courses, championships, and equipment.
• Engaging youth-based organizations to share the game’s heritage and the values and life lessons it teaches.
• Creating strategic partnerships with other leading organizations that share an interest in promoting a love of the game of golf.
lifetime and annual members
The following are keen supporters of the GHS mission.
Frank Cantrel Jr.
Col. Dick Johns (Ret.)
Don M. Wilson III
Bernard. J. Bernacki
Jack Crosby Jr.
Daniel and Wanda Ickes
John Crow Miller
Charles D. Mitchell Jr.
Robert S. Muir
George R. Petro
Michael D. Sloan
Wayne C. Tippets
Victor Zollo Jr.