LEBANON, Ohio (June 9, 2020) – The nonprofit Golf Heritage Society (GHS) is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year and has just announced a membership fee of $25 for the remainder of 2020. With this special mid-year offer, the GHS (GolfHeritage.org) continues to welcome new members from throughout the U.S. and around the world.
“It is our pleasure to announce this special membership fee for the remainder of 2020,” said Dr. Bern Bernacki, president of the GHS. “We invite anyone who loves golf to join us as we salute 50 years of honoring and preserving golf’s history for future generations.”
The GHS exists to offer information about the game’s history, players, courses, championships and equipment – from the past through the present. Collecting and trading golf memorabilia and artifacts also is a part of what interests many GHS members, who enjoy sharing their knowledge and expertise with others.
GHS membership benefits include:
- The Society’s long-running quarterly journal, The Golf, with compelling features, articles, and special guest contributors.
- A website updated regularly with members-only resources, including an archive of past issues of the Society journal, information on golf collecting, links to fraternal golf history societies and other features.
- A monthly newsletter with interesting golf history features, GHS updates and member news.
- Camaraderie with fellow members at local, regional, national and virtual GHS gatherings, including trade shows that offer the opportunity to buy and sell golf collectibles.
- The opportunity to play in hickory club tournaments.
Existing members can “Make It a Foursome” by sponsoring four new members. Those who do receive a GHS-logo wristwatch.
For information on this program and joining the GHS, click the join button at the top of this page.