Blazer badges are a favorite for some collectors who enjoy the colorful designs enhanced by metallic, “bullion” threading. Some are for particular golf clubs, others for golf associations and similar golf communities. This one is from the collection of John Fischer III, who, while he is not an avid badge collector, does have a three or four which hold a favorite spot in his “miscellaneous division.” The one featured here is from the Pau GC, the oldest existing golf club in mainland Europe, founded in 1856 by Scottish golfers in Pau in southern France near Biarritz, known for its curative waters. It’s still going strong today. (The first extant golf club outside of Britain is Royal Calcutta in India 1829. Blackheath, 1766, is the first outside of Scotland.